1. WHAT IS ARABIAN NIGHTS? It's Pop-Up, Girl's Night Out for all women, hosted by local Muslim and Arab sisters, at Edmonds Center for the Arts, on December 22, from 6:00 -11:00 pm. This party was designed for girls and women who practice gender separation. It's a typical 'hijabi party', but in a larger space to accommodate more activities- like shopping and dancing.
2. IS EVERYONE WELCOME? As long as you're female and buy a ticket, yes. If you're not Muslim, ARABIAN NIGHTS is a chance to peek ‘behind the veil’ of other cultures and enjoy a different kind of Girl's Night Out- without alcohol.
ARABIAN NIGHTS is a great place to buy unique, last-minute Christmas gifts, support local women business owners, and pamper yourself.
3. DO I HAVE TO DRESS MODESTLY ? No! Bare heads welcome. Dress up or down. Dress comfy to shop and dance. If you're new to more conservative modesty standards, skipping the skimpy look will probably help you feel more at ease.
We do have a policy about photographs. As a courtesy to women who wear hijab in public, please don't take or share their picture without explicit permission.
4. WHAT IS MODEST FASHION? It's a personal style and fast-grown retail industry in the U.S. and globally. Definition varies, but here are some guidelines:
modest fashion de-emphasizes the human form, and reduces the distraction of sexuality
conservative modesty standards generally apply to men and women
modest fashion is a trending style that flatters and fits women of all shapes and ages
dressing modestly is a lifestyle choice based on religion, culture, politics or personal preference
5. HOW IS THIS RELATED TO MALIKAH FESTIVAL? ARABIAN NIGHTS is very similar, and many of the same people are participating. MALIKAH FESTIVAL is a project started by Lee Mozena of Zena Consulting. Lee is providing PR services for this event, and always enjoys working with such amazing Sisters/sisters.
6. CAN I BRING SMALL CHILDREN? Babes in arms are welcome, but its best to leave toddlers and young children at home. Girls age 10+ will enjoy this wholesome chance to party with their moms, aunties and friends.
7. DO I NEED A TICKET? YES! Tickets cost $5 in advance, through Eventbrite, and $10 at the door. The first 30 attendees will receive a free Goodies Gift Bag.
MALIKAH FESTIVAL Lee Mozena / Founder & Owner Zena Consulting Box 27562 Seattle WA 98165